Saturday 16 July 2011

16 Weeks (Pregnancy)

With Baby No.2, I had a more rough first trimester compared to my first. No wonder people say no pregnancy is the same.

I'm  now at week 16. It means that I am in my second trimester. Somehow this time around, time flies by much faster.

During my first trimester. I had bouts of vomiting sensation. Many many times although i only actually vomited once. However the vomiting sensation was there most of the time. I had to have sweets in my mouth else i feel this bitter taste at the back of my mouth. Other than that, i also had some allergic reaction towards prawns and seafood. After i had a piece of prawn, my whole lip itches and become red. I also suffered from dry and itchy patches on several parts of my body.

I don't remember having this during my first pregnancy. I must say that my first pregnancy was pretty smooth sailing. I only remembered 2 occasions that i was quite ill during the first trimester of my first pregnancy. The first was during the early stage of pregnancy where I haven't found out that i was pregnant and so I had fresh oysters at a buffet while celebrating mom's birthday.BIG MISTAKE! haha....i went home and suddenly felt all sick...and then vomitted like never before. (I'm not the type like vomits easily). I thought i suffered from food poisoning. But then we discovered that i was actually pregnant days later!
The second time i felt terrible was when i was down with a bad case of flu and had to stay in bed. That was pretty much it. The rest of my pregnancy was a breeze until about 8 months onward when it became a little uncomfortable.

So, back to now at 16 weeks. I'm feeling MUCH better. I don't have any vomiting spells anymore (yey!). The itchyness on my skin is also gone. I'm able to take prawns again. However, i still have the pain on my heels which started about the same time as this pregnancy. So far i've gained about 5kgs(in 4months). Hopefully i will only gain an average of 1kg per month instead of 2 like my previous pregnancy. Trying to control my food intake this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment